After you place your order, you will receive e-mails about your order. Below are examples of e-mails you might receive:
• Payment accepted. This email is received when the payment by credit card or with PayPal account is correct, and confirms that we have received your order. It includes your order number. Keep this e-mail for your records.
• Awaiting bank wire payment. This e-mail is received when the chosen payment method is bank wire. It means that we will work with the order as soon as the payment is received. It includes your order number and all the information to make the bank wire. We recommend you save this e-mail.
• Preparation in progress. You will receive this e-mail when we start to work with your e-mail. It includes your order number.
• Shipped. This e-mail is received when the order comes to the post office. It includes your order number and information about order tracking.
• In Transit. When the tracking number is set you will receive this e-mail. You will see your order number, the carrier URL in order to track the package. Keep this e-mail for your records.
• Note. There are a few reasons why you would receive this e-mail, including: difficulty in processing your order, inability to ship to the address provided, duplicate order, cancellation of order. If you receive a notice like this, please contact the Costumer Service immediately so the problem can be addressed.